Discover Forbidden Persuasion Secrets Too Powerful To Be Revealed... Before Now!
Anthony Blake Online CLICK HERE for your FREE REPORT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark    Print  
Author Topic: Kathe Lucas and Denise Hall - Classic Case Of Unscrupulousness!  (Read 20323 times)
justme
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »

Hi justme,

I have already said in my main post,

"I won't be surprised if some clicks
suddenly spring up from nowhere just to answer this. "

And your stats shows just 2 posts (both in this thread),
joined today, 12th Dec.  I will answer you when you have
more posts on this forum and when I am convinced that
you are not just another paid click.

That is your right.  You're under no obligation to reply
to me.  As I said, I'm not trying to make any enemies here,
just stating my opinion.

After reading all the new replies here, my opinion still stands.
I don't understand why you would allow your product to
be sold for $1 (as stated in your own post here) and not
consider that to be more devaluing than being sold with a
couple of other products for $11. 95.  That just makes no sense.

justme
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 06:00:17 AM »

In reply to usdcserv

When someone takes a Brand New Product that the author is selling for say 27.  00 and
prices that product at say 14.  95 on the sameday as the sale started that is a product
devaluer.

Devaluation is in the eyes of the product creator and it should be up to them, not
you
, to contact any sellers in question.  Who died and made you God?

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to Lisa, but if there had been a minimum price
stated in the license, then I'm sure it would have been sold at the correct price.  I
don't mean that as a dig against Lisa.  I just believe that if any product creator doesn't
want to see this happen to them, they they should include a minimum price with a request
to respect them on it.

It doesn't matter that there wasn't a minimum price setup in the license, it's
called common sense.

Common sense, Mr.  Drake? (It's obvious from your post who you are. )

Yes, perhaps it should be common sense, but coming from someone who blatently
steals from other marketers - be it money, their email list or their ideas - and runs
scam "charity events" (although I haven't been able to prove that one yet), I don't
believe you should be discussing common sense, nor what is right and wrong.

Again I ask you - who died and made you God?
infoagent

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 07:39:59 AM »

Well, nice to see everybody is still on top of keeping the IM Community under control here.  :)

Good Morning All!

Ahhh, I see the RANT continues.

. . . to joblythe:

However, to bring his Country of Origin or whatever into this, in my opinion, has nothing to do with the situation.   I enjoyed your response until those final paragraphs.

I want to say "thanks for the reminder," because you are absolutely right!  I should have never lowered myself to someone else's standards under ANY circumstance.   

I'm sure it was simply a momentary lack of OLD LADY WISDOM on my part. . .   :o   

Not that it was an excuse, but I felt at the time someone asking me if I understood english when they were outside the US, yet knew that I was INSIDE the US, was a bit assinine.   

Hindsight what it is, this whole thing is ridiculous, frankly, but it took my getting a full night's sleep to regain my sanity here.   Old ladies need their rest, and this, coupled with my health issues beat me down pretty good this week (well, and finding out there was a FULL MOON. . . lol)  . . . but no more. 

My (our) reputation is long standing in the IM Community, so if a flow of unsubstantiated claims makes someone feel better about themselves, so be it.   Otherwise, why would it be so important to show somebody a youtube video of a real estate commercial saying "look at me. " 

In my life experience, most REAL millionaires that I know personally (and I know many) don't feel the need to be so bragadocious unless it's needed to benefit them by saying "look at me. . . buy what I have, because if you give me your money, you can make it easier for me to finance this. "

Old men buy new corvettes for a similar reasons (inside female humor, sorry - lol - Lisa Preston that one was for YOUR chuckle value Wink).

Guys, listen. . .

This will probably be my last visit here. . . I have better things to do with my time.   Anybody that knows me, or has taken the time to know me, or met me at any of the seminars, knows my heart and head are in the right place on this license matter AND pricing fiasco.   

I am who I say I am, and have been a self-employed entrepreneur for more than 30 years, but I certainly don't go around the forums banging on folks just to get noticed (as you can see by my number of posts here).   Heck, Lisa has been trying to drag me in here since this forum opened. . . lol

To update: we've moved Mr.  Kumar's report in question to another page and are now selling for $ . 50 to meet the terms of Mr.  Kumar's license, so in my estimation, there is nothing left there to take issue with, right? 

I talked with Lisa again yesterday, as well as the day I bought her graphics.   We'd even discussed that she had in fact "learned her lesson" and that "next time" she will style her license differently to protect herself and her great work. 

I'd asked BEFORE I purchased if there was a minimum price on the package, and since most of OUR customers are newbies, and not "big marketers" and don't normally hang out in the forums that much, I did offer "personal use only" at the price everybody seems to be upset with - YET, I was still fully within the written license.  If they bought JUST simple resell rights, it cost them more than her basic package, anyway.

I apologized to Lisa, even offering to advertise her warrior forum sale outside the small list we marketed the graphics to, and without any expectation of compensation.   She stated that the sale had long since waned at the warrior forum, but she was gearing up for a new package (with better license restrictions). . . and, as always, I'm looking forward to buying that as soon as she IMs me to let me know it's ready. . . regardless of if I resell it or not! 

The decision to offer packages to our customers IS ALWAYS the purpose of buying Master Resell Rights to a product, and if the license is styled such that we remain within the terms, it really isn't anybody's business what price I/we sell things for.   

Did I devalue the graphics. . . no.   At least not intentionally, AND (which doesn't come out here) others were already offering that package out in the marketplace for less as well. . . which is why THEY bought the Master Resell Rights too, to resell.

As far as the self appointed "police of the Internet". . . well, as directed by my attorney, I notified you "usdcserv" of your copyright infringement by stealing our images without permission, and the images were promptly removed.   It doesn't matter that an old news hound should have known better already, but nevertheless. . . 

The problem I have now is this:

RATHER than stating THE TRUTH and saying "I removed these images because I am in violation of US law. . . " . . . instead you try to spin it by saying that "we requested removal" to (in your words) "hide their identity" -- which was NOT THE TRUTH.   I mean, you still have our identity there anyway, just not the truth of the entire matter.   

So folks, you be the judge. . . is THAT being honest and/or trustworthy?  IMHO, I think not.   

Tell the truth on your site, usdcserv, and have you site READY to reveal the report you say you will (again, trustworthy?  he says there is a report, yet there is none there), and make the game FAIR to everybody!

. . . you say you want to play that way, and I believe you (or maybe I shouldn't?).

With that said, let me ask you this if I may. . .   

If my 'still friend' Lisa asks that we be removed, would you abide by that request and remove us?  It will be interesting to see, because I've asked her to do just that.   Her issue all along (according to our conversation) was with the OTHER GUY that WAS blatantly going against her license, was the one she thought should be revealed.   

I have no idea, maybe Lisa is more upset with me than she let on and there's something fishy behind ALL of this, who knows. . . that's the beauty AND the downfall of the Internet - who REALLY knows.   

Since your whole site seemed to be focused around Lisa's graphics sale.   Finish the site, provide the reports you SAY you will, and add ALL THE OTHER marketers that violate the IM Community moreso than just the three you list there.

Oh, and if you need a list. . . contact me, we have a LONG LIST, but most folks will get bored before they got through it all probably, because for every person you judge for "de-valuation" there will a counter group that will praise and defend them for saving many folks their hard earned cash in these hard economic times. 

Regardless, I've supported all of Lisa's fund raising efforts, have been there to buy every time she asked me to, bought and paid for custom graphics, and love her to this day. . . our sale was not to DEVALUE anything, but to provide a reasonable offer to our customers that was within the bounds of a stated license.   Lisa realized the error of her license BEFORE I ever offered the package to our customers because we did discuss what restrictions she would be placing on her NEXT package.   And where I'm not going to copy our conversation here. . . said she would "know better next time. "  She took responsibility for her error like an adult and considered it a lesson learned.

What all you guys seem to forget through all this stuff is, as MARKETERS, the job is to MARKET.   

You buy, you sell.

You invest in products, to get a return on your dollars invested.

That's business.   

Do you complain if Target is offering the same product at $10 less than K-Mart?  Probably, but only to get the $10 difference back into your own pocket, more than likely. . . NOT to point out that Target is a disgrace to the retail community for undercutting K-Mart, in your opinion.

I've seen my own works offered at ebay and such myself,  and yet, I've NEVER given rights, master, private label, or the like, to anything I've personally written from scratch (a lesson for many to learn there, too).   I notified those in question, and sometimes followed up, but usually when someone has to use tactics such as stealing products or goods to better themselves, they will eventually get caught or Karma catches up with them anyway.

Where we have numerous APOLOGIES at our helpdesk because folks jumped to WRONG CONCLUSIONS before realizing that our "devalued" price was for personal use only and that when the prices of personal use and rights were added together, many times our prices equalled MORE than others were selling the same product(s) for, then they understood we were serving a smaller market of folks that couldn't afford to purchase anything if it weren't for our weekly sales and personal use pricing.   

Most of our Wacky Wednesday Sale customers have no list, or market to sell to at this point, so would rather save the extra dollars.

So, enough about all of that.   I know who I'm dealing with in most cases, and have found through the years that once someone takes the time to approach me in a businesslike manner, things are worked out, and life goes on.

Mr Kumar's license in question was just that. . . QUESTIONABLE.   Had I not been in the state of mind I was in earlier in the week, no doubt I would have probably kicked the dang thing off the site anyway because it is fraught with mispellings and loaded with self serving affiliates links.   

Yet, I felt the information COULD be useful to some, and knew the additional traffic and earned affiliate income by Mr.  Kumar was probably his biggest concern and would override "how" the product was distributed since it was, afterall. . . A BONUS.   Translating many times as something having little or no real value.

Target got me into the store with the free Teddy Bear BONUS I could pick up for the kids, yet sold me $250 worth of goods to go with that Teddy Bear, that probably cost them very little to mass produce anyway. 

Again, it's called BUSINESS and MARKETING.

Maybe we should ALL grow up, take responsibility for OURSELVES and our products first, admit when we didn't hit the mark correctly, learn the lesson and move on. . . improving on our future endeavors, but ultimately looking at who those three other fingers are pointing back to when you go pointing that index finger at someone else?

So, I must ask the question again in this open forum. . .

If my CRIME is de-valuing Lisa's graphics and Lisa admits and takes responsibility for her own actions or inactions (which is what she does and why I like her so much. . . ), will YOU remove the degrading and UNSUBSTANTIATED post on your "cop" site?  At the very least, remove Denise's name. . . and deal with me alone?  I never drag someone down with me when I can avoid it and am willing to go it alone on this charge as well.

Thank all of you for your time here and again, I wish everybody the very best in all your endeavors online.   

If you don't like me, don't deal with me, but don't just blantantly believe what others always say either. . .

As the saying goes, don't believe everything you read or hear and only half of what you see.   

Folks usually have a good reason to pull others down publically, and usually it isn't for the good of things overall, but merely to make themselves look better. . . albeit usually only temporarily until the real truth comes out, as it usually does.

My heartfelt apologies to you, Mr.  Kumar, that things got out of hand on this.   To ask that you try to understand the circumstances under which I was working this week, would be going way beyond what I feel you're willing to do at this point, so we will just let my apology sit for now.   

Ultimately, I sincerely hope you found the error in your own ways in all this and now know that, going forward, you will make your license read more clearly, and hopefully, "won't make that same mistake again. "

All in all. . . I predict that with the general economy in the shape it is in, there are going to be a lot of desperate people running around doing unscrupulous things to other people, products and reputations.   We should all learn from things such as this and work TOGETHER, not against each other.

Take responsibility for yourself and your own actions or inactions and the rest will more than likely take care of itself along the way.

My apologies to all for my transgressions.   I'm better rested now, so you can go about tearing up what i've said here or picking things apart if needed. . . it probably won't affect me in the same way any longer, and I don't have time to go back and make sure I'm politically correct at this point.   lol

RANT COMPLETE  Grin

Over and out. . .

Scott Drake
Entrepreneur

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »

Quote from: joblythe link=topic=1877. msg8075#msg8075 date=1229074108
usdcserv (No Name - sorry)

My Name is Scott Drake, I didn't realize you could change the Display name which I have now done.

You obviously have an interest in the IM Cops site - but for someone who has been in the "News Business" for over 20 years - you have a lot to learn about proof-reading and grammar.   If you want to present a professional site (when, and if, it does become live) you will have to work hard on it.

Yes I do and anyone who knows how to do a whois on a domain can find out who I am as I do not Hide behind domain privacy.  Thank you for your comments, honestly at 2:30 - 3:00 am it's a bit hard to do.  I will be sure to run my posts through a grammer checker in the future :)

Scott

This is a Special Offer for Internet Marketers: Internet Marketers Hosting
 from an Internet Marketer who understands your Needs.
Need a Reliable Autoresponder Service that won't rape you? Check out DirectResponders
Do You Have a WordPress Blog? Get it Listed in The WordPress Blog Directory
Scott Drake
Entrepreneur

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 08:55:34 AM »

Quote from: justme link=topic=1877. msg8077#msg8077 date=1229090417
Devaluation is in the eyes of the product creator and it should be up to them, not
you
, to contact any sellers in question.   Who died and made you God?

Who died and made you God? HAHAHA now that is funny, you obviously do not read
very well as even Lisa stated that I contacted her about her product and that was after it
was reported to us so I am not playing God.

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to Lisa, but if there had been a minimum price
stated in the license, then I'm sure it would have been sold at the correct price.   I
don't mean that as a dig against Lisa.   I just believe that if any product creator doesn't
want to see this happen to them, they they should include a minimum price with a request
to respect them on it.

I agree, a minumum price should be added to every license and we will be lobbying product
owners to do so and educate them on the facts of the Sherman Act so that Unscrupulous
Marketers can't scare them with that.

Common sense, Mr.   Drake? (It's obvious from your post who you are.  )

I do not hide the fact who I am, if in doubt just ask me although that is a moot point
since it was pointed out to me that the display name could be changed which I have
done since I am not hiding from anyone.

Yes, perhaps it should be common sense, but coming from someone who blatently
steals from other marketers - be it money, their email list or their ideas - and runs

Ah this can only be one of two people, right Mr.  Hyatt? He who lives in a glass house shouldn't
throw stones!

scam "charity events" (although I haven't been able to prove that one yet),

First of all I do not run scam "charity events", it is obvious you are referring to my Multiple Sclerosis
Fundraiser/Giveaway which by the way will be run again this year and every year that I can until
Multiple Sclerosis totally takes over my body.

The Multiple Sclerosis Fundraiser/Giveaway is run with the full knowledge of The National Multiple Sclerosis
Society and they give me a link to allow people to give Donations direct to them.  I also do have a
link where people can send donations to me earmarked for The National Multiple Sclerosis
Society which was and will be explained again on the site this year.  Profits from upgrades and OTO's
are also earmarked for donation to the Society.  I also work on the The National Multiple Sclerosis
Society's event planning committee for my area and in other ways to raise money for MS research.

The The Multiple Sclerosis Fundraiser/Giveaway is the only "Charity Event" that I run.

Again I ask you - who died and made you God?

Again I say "He who Love's in a glass house shouldn't throw stones!"

Scott

Need a Reliable Autoresponder Service that won't rape you? Check out DirectResponders
Scott Drake
Entrepreneur

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 09:50:24 AM »

Quote from: infoagent link=topic=1877. msg8078#msg8078 date=1229096399
The problem I have now is this:

RATHER than stating THE TRUTH and saying "I removed these images because I am in violation of US law.  .  .  " .  .  .  instead you try to spin it by saying that "we requested removal" to (in your words) "hide their identity" -- which was NOT THE TRUTH.    I mean, you still have our identity there anyway, just not the truth of the entire matter.    

So folks, you be the judge.  .  .  is THAT being honest and/or trustworthy?  IMHO, I think not.

The fact is that your pictures are all over the internet for public viewing so actually no law was broken, we removed
them at your request.

Tell the truth on your site, usdcserv, and have you site READY to reveal the report you say you will (again, trustworthy?  he says there is a report, yet there is none there), and make the game FAIR to everybody!

Again the site is not Live yet so there are no reports available to the public yet and since we are not even advertising the site it is a moot point.  When the site is ready to go Live the reports will be there.

.  .  .  you say you want to play that way, and I believe you (or maybe I shouldn't?).

You can!

With that said, let me ask you this if I may.  .  .    

If my 'still friend' Lisa asks that we be removed, would you abide by that request and remove us?  It will be interesting to see, because I've asked her to do just that.    Her issue all along (according to our conversation) was with the OTHER GUY that WAS blatantly going against her license, was the one she thought should be revealed.    

I have no idea, maybe Lisa is more upset with me than she let on and there's something fishy behind ALL of this, who knows.  .  .  that's the beauty AND the downfall of the Internet - who REALLY knows.

Honestly Kathe I have no problem removing the wanted poster, as a matter of fact I have just done so with out Lisa
having to ask.  I believe you have discussed this with Lisa and it is a moot point.  And actually my main focus is the other
person after discussing the issue with Lisa.

Since your whole site seemed to be focused around Lisa's graphics sale.    Finish the site, provide the reports you SAY you will, and add ALL THE OTHER marketers that violate the IM Community moreso than just the three you list there.

Well it's not focused around Lisa's Graphics Sale, it just so happens that is the posters were made for but believe me there are others being made for other products.  We are working to get the site Live now instead of the January date we planned because of the URL being given out.

Oh, and if you need a list.  .  .  contact me, we have a LONG LIST, but most folks will get bored before they got through it all probably, because for every person you judge for "de-valuation" there will a counter group that will praise and defend them for saving many folks their hard earned cash in these hard economic times.

I agree there will be those that praise those that devalue products and I try to save people money when I can.  I know all about "these hard economic times" ever since I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and have loss of vision to the point that I can no longer trust myself behind the wheel and gave up driving further limiting me to way of supporting my family.  Call me old fashion, but I hate to see my wife having to take care of everything which is why I push myself far beyond what I am supposed to.

With her being out of work for 6 months really put a strain on us, she is back to work now but now we have to climb out of the hole again and just spending 8 grand on my MS medications didn't exactly help.  So trust me I know how hard the times are.

Regardless, I've supported all of Lisa's fund raising efforts, have been there to buy every time she asked me to, bought and paid for custom graphics, and love her to this day.  .  .  our sale was not to DEVALUE anything, but to provide a reasonable offer to our customers that was within the bounds of a stated license.    Lisa realized the error of her license BEFORE I ever offered the package to our customers because we did discuss what restrictions she would be placing on her NEXT package.    And where I'm not going to copy our conversation here.  .  .  said she would "know better next time.  "  She took responsibility for her error like an adult and considered it a lesson learned. 

Lisa and I have also talked about the future and from what we discussed I agree with her 100% and look forward to her future releases.

What all you guys seem to forget through all this stuff is, as MARKETERS, the job is to MARKET.    

You buy, you sell. 

You invest in products, to get a return on your dollars invested. 

That's business.

Yes you are correct, but when you purchase something (and I invest thousands a month for my subscribers) and then see it being sold for much less it makes it hard to sell for more.  Even knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to sell Lisa's package for 27. 00 I still bought it from her because if she doesn't make money she may stop doing these packages and then where would we all be?

I've seen my own works offered at ebay and such myself,  and yet, I've NEVER given rights, master, private label, or the like, to anything I've personally written from scratch (a lesson for many to learn there, too).    I notified those in question, and sometimes followed up, but usually when someone has to use tactics such as stealing products or goods to better themselves, they will eventually get caught or Karma catches up with them anyway.

I have had this happen with products that I have created, it is a shame that there are those that would stoop that low or to use BitTorrent and forums to bypass buying products but as you said Karma will catch up with the.

So, I must ask the question again in this open forum.  .  . 

If my CRIME is de-valuing Lisa's graphics and Lisa admits and takes responsibility for her own actions or inactions (which is what she does and why I like her so much.  .  .  ), will YOU remove the degrading and UNSUBSTANTIATED post on your "cop" site?  At the very least, remove Denise's name.  .  .  and deal with me alone?  I never drag someone down with me when I can avoid it and am willing to go it alone on this charge as well.

This is a moot point as I have already stated that it has been removed, I would be very interested in that list you have so I can start working on that after I finish up on you know who.

Scott

justme
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »

HAHAHA now that is funny, you obviously do not read
very well as even Lisa stated that I contacted her about her product and that was after it
was reported to us so I am not playing God.

That's exactly my point.  You contacted Lisa, when it should have been up
to Lisa to contact you, should she wish to file a "complaint" (for lack of a better word).
(Do you ever see "real cops" going to people's houses to see if they want to complain
about the neighbor's stereo being too loud?)

My question actually meant (I'll spell it out since you didn't seem to get it) who
decided you should become the IM Police?

Ah this can only be one of two people, right Mr.   Hyatt?

Wrong! And I can promise you I'm not the other person you think I am, either.

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones!

He who has nothing to hide, doesn't fear living in a glass house.

Scott Drake
Entrepreneur

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 10:35:34 AM »

That's exactly my point.  You contacted Lisa, when it should have been up
to Lisa to contact you, should she wish to file a "complaint" (for lack of a better word).
(Do you ever see "real cops" going to people's houses to see if they want to complain
about the neighbor's stereo being too loud?)

When a Newspaper, TV Station, Web site etc receives a Tip it would be irresponsible for them to just
do a story without checking on the Tip. We received a Tip and took the proper action by contacting
Lisa and discussing it with her. Actually we received many Tips about Lisa's Graphic's Package mainly
about the other person in question.

My question actually meant (I'll spell it out since you didn't seem to get it) who
decided you should become the IM Police?

It was actually born from many emails from product owners, graphics designers, Internet Marketers
and subscribers that prompted us to create the IMCops.com site and with suggestions they came up
with the domain name that was picked.

Wrong! And I can promise you I'm not the other person you think I am, either.

Since you obviously live in my head and know who else I was thinking about and you claim not to
be that person who are you? Or would you rather hide behind a mask?

He who has nothing to hide, doesn't fear living in a glass house.

You must have something to hide since you will not identify yourself!

Scott

joblythe
Experienced Entrepreneur

Go For It!

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »

Yes I do and anyone who knows how to do a whois on a domain can find out who I am as I do not Hide behind domain privacy.  Thank you for your comments, honestly at 2:30 - 3:00 am it's a bit hard to do.  I will be sure to run my posts through a grammer checker in the future Smiley

Scott

Thanks for the reply, Scott - I have no need to do a who.is check - I just like to be able to call someone by their proper name, and you have kindly provided that option now.

And forgive me from pulling you up again on your GRAMMAR !  Grin

Sorry - couldn't resist that!

joblythe
Experienced Entrepreneur

Go For It!

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »

I want to say "thanks for the reminder," because you are absolutely right!  I should have never lowered myself to someone else's standards under ANY circumstance.   

I'm sure it was simply a momentary lack of OLD LADY WISDOM on my part. . .   

May I say thank you, Kathe, for that reply - much appreciated.

Just to set the record straight - because a lot of people get it wrong - I, too, am an OLD LADY (well I prefer "middle-aged")  and I certainly know what momentary lapses are!!

All the best to you, Kathe, and thanks again.

Jo (the female version!)

Terry Gibbs
Global Moderator
Entrepreneur

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »

I think this is hilarious. Kumar's license is poorly written and unenforceable.

Ignoring the fact that it's impossible to enforce rights statements it's still poorly written. In the one above, anyone could sell the package with rights for a dollar without passing those restrictions on to the buyer. 

Then Kumar jumps out the door and comes off rude and threatening.

Then when he doesn't get his way he posts here on the forum and ends up looking like an idiot. I've attacked people online in the past and probably will again in the future. Not because I'm pissed off, but because taking sides in a conflict results in increased traffic and sales.

But that is not the reason this is so funny. It's the premise that's wrong.

It seems like he's selling these rights products as a cash generator. That's short sighted.

If you look at these MRR products as traffic generators, none of this crap makes sense. If the goal is convertible traffic, almost any distribution is fine.

Lisa Preston
Beauty, Brains & A Cattle Prod - Behind Every Successful Man...
Administrator
Expert Entrepreneur

Lisa Preston - Graphics & Web Development

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »

WOW, look at this thread grow, and my name being bandied about! LOL

Well, I wasn't going to allow myself to get sucked in to say anything more here, but I just can't help myself.

First - Kathe and I have chatted many times, and even have a website in development together. I think she's a great gal, and hope that the end result of all this hoopla is education for people who read this thread.

Second - Scott has his heart in the right place. He is fiercely protective of his friends and indignant with the unfairness that proliferates throughout the IM community. It's a shame that there aren't more voices policing the community, and helping new members learn ethical practices as well. I look forward to a fair-minded and responsible website at IMCops when it goes "live".

Third - I have indeed "learned my lesson" in regards to the terms I include with my packages... and in future will definitely attempt to thwart these issues in future. I have spoken at length with people far more brilliant than I on these matters, and am working on a solution for all my future releases. Hopefully S. Kumar also sees the error in his own license terms and takes an education away from all this.

Warmest regards,
Lisa

PS - Thanks Scott for removing Kathe from the site. I am grateful for your protective nature and indignant response on my behalf, and hope that many others benefit from your generous heart and willingness to step into the line of fire. You are appreciated.

Scott Drake
Entrepreneur

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

Second - Scott has his heart in the right place. He is fiercely protective of his friends and indignant with the unfairness that proliferates throughout the IM community. It's a shame that there aren't more voices policing the community, and helping new members learn ethical practices as well. I look forward to a fair-minded and responsible website at IMCops when it goes "live".

Thank You Lisa, I wanted to say that IMCops.com is now Live, we have changed it from a Membership site to a FREE Open Forum.

PS - Thanks Scott for removing Kathe from the site. I am grateful for your protective nature and indignant response on my behalf, and hope that many others benefit from your generous heart and willingness to step into the line of fire. You are appreciated.

Your Welcome.

Scott

Chris Lockwood
Advanced Entrepreneur

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 07:42:13 PM »

Looking at the license that started this, I can see the confusion. It looks like I could sell the product for $1, but if I bundle it with my own $7 product, I have to charge at least $49. I don't see how that makes sense.

As for minimum prices, I've heard enough attorneys give the opinion that they are unenforceable in the US and some other countries, since they are considered price fixing. But I haven't heard of a resale rights license like this being tested in court.

yes, I'm on twitter and Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark    Print  

Jump to:  

Theme redesign by Lisa Preston
Page created in 0.409 seconds with 22 queries.
Link To ESF!

© MMVIII Anthony Blake Online™
All Rights Reserved
The Blake Marketing Group™/Blake InfoMedia™
PO Box 992, Santa Paula, CA 93061-0992
805-933-0516 - FAX: 805-933-3726
Email: blakeweb99@gmail.com

AFFILIATE STATUS DISCLOSURE:
You should assume that the owner of this website is an affiliate
for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website and may
be compensated when you purchase from a provider.
To learn more, click here.

Although we may, from time to time, monitor or review discussions, postings and the like on The Entrepreneurial Success Forum, we are under no obligation to do so. We are not responsible or liable for any claim arising from the content of any such locations, messages or posts nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the Site, in any message, post, opinion, commentary or review by those that participate on this site and discussion board.

You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.

By posting messages and/or content on the Anthony Blake Online - Entrepreneurial Success Forum, you give permission for Anthony Blake/Anthony Blake Online/The Blake Marketing Group, Blake InfoMedia, their agents and/or assigns to display, distribute and use in any manner they choose the posting and content for publication, advertising, promotion, excerption or example. You hereby and irrevocably grant Anthony Blake/Anthony Blake Online/The Blake Marketing Group, Blake InfoMedia, their agents and/or assigns complete, perpetual, irrevocable but non-exclusive rights to use, archive, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, sub-license, repurpose, rework, compile or offer for sale and/or resale the messages, postings or content appearing on this site in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis without remuneration. If you cannot accept nor agree with the terms of service for this website & discussion board we advise that you not post on this board. So there.